Reflexology Association of America's Definition of Reflexology:
"Reflexology is a non-invasive complementary modality involving the use of alternating pressure applied to the reflexes within the reflex maps of the body located on the feet, hands and outer ears. (RAA 2006)"
Reflexology help bring balance to the body by stimulating the reflex points on the foot that associate with the rest of the body. The body stays healthy by maintaing this homeostasis, or balance in the body.
Reflexology Research Project reports:
What has research shown?
More than 170 studies of reflexology's effects have been conducted, with 95 controlled studies. 90% of the studies show a positive result.
Research has demonstrated that reflexology work
- impacts disease
- improves quality of life and
- specifically influences how the body works.
Research has also shown that:
- Reflexology technique application has an immediate impact on the body.
- Reflexology technique applied to a specific reflex area effects the organ represented.
- Foot reflexology and hand reflexology applied to another as well as self-help foot reflexology and self-help reflexology have been shown to impact health.
Available for employees or events.